photo: Steven Holland
Welcome to UChicago Paleobiology!
We integrate data on fossil and living organisms, and their evolutionary relationships, environments, and geography, to understand the history of life.
Find out how to apply to our graduate program.
Learn about our graduates.
Major research areas
- Evolution, extinction, and clade dynamics: Foote, Jablonski, Slater, Webster
- Taphonomy and the nature of the fossil record: Foote, Jablonski, Kidwell, Webster
- Phylogeny, systematics, and evolutionary morphology: Foote, Slater, Webster
- Paleoecology and conservation paleobiology: Jablonski, Kidwell
- Stratigraphy and Earth history: Blättler, Kidwell, Rowley, Waldbauer, Webster